2.1.12

Professional Development

The profession of selling is rooted in understanding the problem and providing the right solution through the act of profitable commercial transaction. The profession of selling is like playing chess. A good player pre-empts many moves of his opponents and plans his moves accordingly.

A good sales professional can be compared to an aircraft with an auto pilot. Let me share my experience to explain what I mean. Once, in the days when security concerns were low, I was traveling on an international flight with my then ten-year-old daughter. I took permission from the captain to show her the cockpit and how he was flying such a complicated machine. We went in and found the cockpit was full of little gadgets and gauges. I asked the caption how the aircraft stayed on track in spite of so many variables, such as bad weather. The captain explained, pointing out the compass and red lights, which used to blink on and off, that sometimes the aircraft goes off-course, but the moment this happens the auto-pilot brings it back on track. I thought to myself that the same thing is true in human life too! Don’t we all go off-track some time in life and don’t we all need the auto-pilot to bring us back on track? What is the auto-pilot that brings humans back on track?

1. Values

2. Attitude

3. Ambition

4. Clarity of goals and purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment